Professional Standards & Objectives
Officers must be free to exercise their own judgment and take enforcement actions in a reasonable, lawful, and impartial manner without fear of reprisal.
It is therefore important to establish a disciplinary process which enables the Department to initiate positive, corrective action for improper conduct, while at the same time protect officers from unwarranted criticism for the proper discharge of their duties.
The public has the right to expect fair and competent law enforcement. Any misconduct by Department personnel must be detected, thoroughly investigated, and properly adjudicated to assure the maintenance of these qualities.
To make a complaint, call (308) 762-4955 or email the Department. It is our policy to:
- Provide thorough, fair, and expeditious dispositions to complaints
- Invite citizens to bring to our attention complaints about the conduct of its employees whenever that citizen believes the employee acted improperly
- Receive complaints courteously
- Make an effort to ensure that no adverse consequences occur to anyone as a result of their complaint
- Investigate complaints in accordance with the procedures described in Chapter 25 (the procedures outlined in these policies apply to allegations of misconduct both on-duty and off-duty)
The Alliance Police Department expects a very high level of professional conduct from its employees. Occasionally, department staff will go above and beyond what is necessary to help a member or members of the community. The public may call (308) 762-4955 or email the Department expressing a commendation or recognition for any employee whom they feel has performed their duties in a superior manner.