Social Media Policy
City of Alliance Social Media Comment Policy
A comment posted by a member of the public on any City of Alliance social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and the City does not endorse or imply the endorsement of, or agreement in such comment of the message of such comment simply through the publication of a comment on the City of Alliance’s social media site. The failure of the City to remove a comment potentially subject to removal under this Policy likewise does not imply the endorsement of, or agreement in, such comment or the message of such comment.
Comments containing any of the following content may not be permitted on the City of Alliance’s social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction by the City in accordance with established rights and law:
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or mental or physical disability;
- Defamatory attacks;
- Threats of harm to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive, or proprietary information; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any part.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Social Media Policy or any applicable law.