- Your Government
- City Manager
Duties of the City Manager
The City Manager serves as chief administrative and executive officer of the City and assures that all laws and city ordinances are enforced; and does related work as required. Duties of the City Manager include:
- Exercising control over all departments and subdivisions thereof created by the City Code and City Council
- Appointing and removing all heads of departments and all subordinate officers and employees of the City, except as otherwise provided in the City Code
- Ensuring the annual budget is prepared and submitted to the City Council and monitoring that the City operates within its budget
- Attending all meetings of the City Council, taking part in discussions and recommending Council action as appropriate and keeping the Council fully advised as to the financial condition and needs of the City
- Representing the City in professional and civic organizations
City Manager Seth Sorensen
Seth Sorensen has been City Manager of Alliance since June 1, 2021. He was previously employed as City Manager for Pecos, Texas. Seth has also served as Public Works Director, City Engineer and Project Engineer in the states of Texas, Illinois and Wyoming.
Seth holds a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Wyoming, a Masters of Public Administration from the University of Wyoming, and a Masters in Transportation Engineering from the University of Louisville, as well as various other certificates. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, and is an ICMA Credentialed Manager.
Seth is proud to live in Alliance with his wife and four children and enjoys being back in the region.