Who is responsible for unplugging a sewage clog?

If your sewer is backing up only when you flush a toilet, run water down a sink drain, do laundry, or wash dishes; the plug would be in the house plumbing or the sewer service line that connects to the City’s main. In this case, you should call a plumber or rent a machine to unplug the line.

On the other hand, you can recognize a plugged City main because sewage will continually backup and not stop until the City responds by unplugging the City main. Contact the Police Department at (308) 762-4955 to report a plugged sewer and the on call person can assist in determining the location of a plugged line.

Show All Answers

1. What are the black specks in my drinking water?
2. What are the white floating specks or flakes in my water?
3. Who is responsible for unplugging a sewage clog?
4. Why is my water bill so high?