What is our Purpose?
The purpose of Nuisance Abatement is to enforce Chapter 5 (Article 4) and Chapter 8 of the Alliance Municipal Code. Our goal is to abate any unsightly or potentially dangerous property conditions.
What are Nuisances?
Generally, nuisances are:
- Grass in excess of 8 inches or growing into the sidewalk or road
- Weeds of the same length or location as above or defined by the State of Nebraska as noxious weeds
- Litter such as bottles, plastic bags, or paper
- Trash and junk including appliances, yard machinery,or similar items
- Abandoned vehicles as defined by Section 20-78 of the Alliance Municipal Code
- Property / buildings that are in a state of disrepair or are a danger to the community
How do I deal with a Nuisance?
Many times, simply bringing the nuisance to the attention of your neighbor is enough to resolve the issue. If that does not yield a positive outcome, the City may be contacted at 762-5400.
What do I do if I recieve a Nuisance Letter?
The letter will describe the details of the violation and the prescriptive items necessary to abate the nuisance. If the letter is unclear or you have any questions, please call the City at 762-5400.